Your inner child would love a delightful cup of cocoa on a dreary afternoon. But what if your inner child is super demanding and precocious? What if she wants her cocoa not only to satisfy her sweet tooth and soothe her soul, but also to stimulate her circulation and digestion, calm her frayed nerves, improve her mental focus, and give her a nice endorphin glow? Well, here you go inner superchild: a treat + tonic, with warm spices, organic chocolate, a full dose of CBD (sans THC), and a gentle caffeine boost.
Dose Differently | Riser Recipes
Dark Chocolate Chai with CBD (AKA Afternoon Delight)
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1-2-inch piece of ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon loose black tea (like English Breakfast)
- 1 ounce dark chocolate—we love Lulu’s CBD Chocolate—broken into pieces
- 2 cups plant based milk or cream, unsweetened
- 2 full droppers of 2Rise Naturals vanilla (THC free) CBD tincture
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey (or more, to taste)
- In a medium pot over high heat, combine cardamom seeds, peppercorns, cinnamon sticks, ginger root, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to keep mixture at a light boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tea and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Add chocolate pieces and milk. Return mixture to a strong simmer (do not let it boil, at this point), and whisk continuously for 5 minutes to melt chocolate and warm milk.
- Stir in CBD tincture and maple syrup. Taste, and add more maple syrup if you want. Make sure it’s steaming hot!
Strain carefully into 2 mugs.
2Rise THC Free CBD Oil
Perfect option for those who prefer taking CBD without other trace cannabinoids.